Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hourly Rate

I've been reading a lot lately about how much to charge an hour as an artist. Pricing is very difficult especially when you need to set a wholesale and a retail price. While reading my daily newsletter from Ganoksin last night I came across this post from David Geller who produces a pricing guide for jewelry repair.

What is your hourly rate?
From: "David Geller"
Overall, with interruptions and such, you should be charging about $100 to $125 an hour for your time. Many charge more, start there.
David Geller
JewelerProfit
http://www.jewelerprofit.com/

I was taken aback by this amount. I would never have thought to charge that much an hour. I'm going to take a look at his pricing guide and do some more research. I know on my website the prices aren't quite right and I'm working on a spreadsheet to make calculating my prices much easier. When I've figured out more I'll let you know!

1 comment:

alisa said...

oh dear. if that's the case, my prices are going to be way off. maybe i'll need to work up to that. :-)