Saturday, July 12, 2008

It's Not Because I'm Beautiful

My sister Kelly (in bright blue, 2nd from left) and her friends at her Solo Exhibition.

'It's Not Because I'm Beautiful' is the title of my sister's recent Solo Exhibition at TruSpace in Savannah Georgia. You can go to Kelly's website and click on Bird Series to see what she showed at her Solo Exhibition.

I had the challenge of making her jewelry to wear to her show. I wanted to make something that went along with the exhibit. I ended up making a feather out of several gauges of silver wire. It was quite a challenge, I studied real feathers and sketched but it really didn't come together until I just sat down and tried to make it.
Once it was made I really wasn't impressed with myself I wished I had done much better. In my mind I had envisioned a necklace with many feathers sticking out in lots of directions. I just didn't have that kind of time or supplies to make that for her. She ended up loving the necklace and now that she wears it all the time I love seeing it on her!

4 comments:

KMJewelryStudio said...

Your sister's photographs are absolutley stunning! And what a perfect gift for you to make in celebration of her opening!

Kelly said...

AND, EVERYONE that see's my GORGEOUS necklace LOVES is and wants one for themself! I is very stunning and Valerie is going to make it big!

Kelly said...

AND... everyone that sees my gorgeous pendant wants one of their own. It is very stunning and I wear it every day, and get compliments every day on it. Valerie is going to make it big!

Anonymous said...

AND... everyone that sees my gorgeous pendant wants one of their own. It is very stunning and I wear it every day, and get compliments every day on it. Valerie is going to make it big! ~Kelly