Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Studio


I thought I would share a picture of my studio. I just emailed to the Orchid Bench Exchange where you can view jewelry artists benches from around the world!
My bench is located in my parents barn. My father turns wood so I have to keep everything covered with old sheets when I'm not working. I use an oxygen propane micro torch which I love! To the left is the bench I solder on with my hand tools and pickle pot. Straight ahead is my storage cabinet where keep some supplies and lots of tools. To the left is my hydraulic press my grandfather built, my anvil, doming blocks, and broken polishing wheel.
Tools really get me going! I think my favorite store to walk into is Home Depot, they may not be jewelry tools for the most part but you gotta love the oil/grass/plastic smell. Smells like exciting projects!

No comments: