Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Reminiscing about Haystack



Going through my mail I cam across a newsletter from Haystack Mountain School of Crafts. Two summer ago I attended a two-week class there taught by Keith Lewis on 'Chasing over air'. He was a fantastic teacher and the technique he taught us really opened my eyes. We learned a chasing technique that does not use metal tools nor does it use pitch. It'd clean, fast, and leaves no metal tool marks in your metal.

Haystack is located on Deer Isle in Maine. It is the most beautiful setting in which to make your art. I highly recommend if you get the chance taking a class at Haystack. Here are the two pieces I made while I was there.
While you are at Haystack all they want you to do is explore and make your art.

3 comments:

KMJewelryStudio said...

Ooh! Chasing over air sounds very interesting, And studying with Keith Lewis sounds like even more of an experience. I'm very jealous!

Valerie A. Heck said...

It really was a great class! If I could all I would do is take classes from great artists!

Whitney J. Marsden said...

"Clean, fast, and leaves no metal tool marks in your metal," I must know more!! :)