Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Art Shows...

For my full time job I attend many different art shows. This weekend I went to one in Virgina and wow did I get angry! Booth after booth had no sign with their company name, no booth number (making the show guide worthless), and no promotional materials. Probably 2/3 of the booths didn't have business cards out! All I could think was do you people want to make no money? I'm not trying to be mean, I just want all artists to do well and sell their work. Sadly many artists don't put in that extra effort of promotion which is so important.
Here's a blog on marketing that was recently mentioned in Niche Magazine: http://blog.inc.com/marketing/

2 comments:

alisa said...

oh no! my last show didn't have booth numbers up. to set up, we had to ask what booth number others had and count down. very confusing.

Valerie A. Heck said...

Alisa that sounds terrible! I know some exhibitors choose not to put up booth numbers at shows but having difficulty finding your booth sounds like poor planning for the show staff.
I hope the show went well anyway!
Valerie