Saturday, October 25, 2008

Venice, a confusing maze!


We were only in Venice for a few hours, going from the train station to the cruise ship. A water taxi was hundreds of dollars so we opted to go on foot. I'll have to go back and explore the city more!
Joe and I did go for a gondola ride, it was fun. There was even an accordion player and a singer in a gondola next to us. I think our guide, on our boat was drunk. He kept on singing disco music and dancing while drinking a beer and steering. It was hilarious!

3 comments:

knitsteel said...

It looks like a wonderful trip! Thank you for linking to my blog.

Valerie A. Heck said...

It was a fantastic trip, I keep on posting just a little at a time with pictures!
Thanks!
Valerie

freshie (and zero) said...

I love Venice - our gondolier looked like Antonio Banderes. We kept trying to take his photo without being too obvious but I'm sure he knew what we were up to.