Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Failure is Success!

It may sound contradictory but failure is success. (thoughts for today)

If it's true that the more we fail, the more we succeed (and it is), then your immediate goal should be to intentionally increase your failure rate! With this thought in mind, you're succeeding even when you fail. Yes, this is a counter-intuitive, reverse thinking philosophy. But trust me, it works!

In other words fill out more applications for books, shows, competitions and art shows. The more applications you send out the more likely you are to get in one. Believe me I get lots of rejection letters, I even got two on the same day. But it means I'm putting myself out there and trying. I'm not whining about my life and not doing anything about it!

Don't mentally punish yourself for failing, occasionally reward yourself for it. You can tell yourself that you're one step closer to success!

For more on Overcoming Failure...

No comments: