Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!


It's a new year and a new decade! Hope you had a great night last night! (Picture from Hong Kong New Years Eve 2011)

I've been brainstorming ways to make this blog much more interesting for you and I hope you'll stay tuned to see what's coming up.

Also in 2011 I'll be working on The Best Year of Your Life (kit) by Debbie Ford. I'm hoping to challenge myself and open myself up to endless possibilities. Every week I have a card to read and sounds like it has some type of assignment. I'll keep you updated on my progress. You're welcome to purchase this and join in, let me know what you think! (I believe I actually bought this some time last year and am now getting to it, better late than never! : )



I wanted to keep you informed of the upcoming competitions, submissions due in January:
American Jewelry Design Council New Talent Competition
MJSA Vision Awards
Harmony Jewelry Design Competition
(As a side note on this last one, doesn't seem realistic, "Participants must design the jewelry item using production manufacturing techniques and be able to produce the jewelry item at wholesale for no more than $25 including materials and labor." So from my point of view you aren't creating something very creative.)

Here is a good blog to follow to keep up on Lark Book Submissions and Competitions!

Oh Lark Books, how I have applied over and over and been rejected. Even using professional photographs. I know it's the way it goes. I'm hoping to purchase my own photo set-up so I can present you all with professional photos of the jewelry I'll be making!

Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments: