Monday, October 18, 2010

Cleveland Auction Company: Durham Collection of Contemporary Art

Yesterday Joe and I attended the Cleveland Auction Company and saw the Durham Collection of Contemporary Art be Auctioned. Since this was related to one of Joe's cases I could not bid which was probably a good thing. We had a great time watching the action at the auction. There were phone bidders and Internet bidders competing with people that were present in the room. One phone bidder bought over $100,000 Peter Max works. In total the collection sold for over $400,000!

Above is a picture from the Akron Beacon Journal of the viewing party Tuesday night, I'm in purple on the left! Joe was also interviewed in many papers and on the news to drum up publicity for the event.

Joe and I had such a great time that I think we are going to attend more of the auctions by the Cleveland Auction Company.

No comments: