Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tap Studios / Gallery M: an art jewelry workshop

Friday night I attended the Topograhpy of Metal exhibition at Gallery M that I mentioned about a week ago. Above is the work of one of the owners, Todd A/. Pownell.

The show was a great deal of fun and as I walked around the gallery/studio I felt a strong sense of deja vu. Turns out I was in this gallery years ago when I came to Cleveland for a SNAG Conference. I didn't know at the time that I would eventually move here.

Here are three rings from the show by Kim Baxter. I had a great time talking with her and really loved the size and intricacy of these rings!

Overall it was really fun to attend the show, if you haven't been to Tap Studios/Gallery M you need to check it out. Even if you have never made jewelry they have a class where as a couple they help you make rings for each other. I really liked that one! And they have more classes that look like good!

No comments: