Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Beer Bottle Cap Ornaments


Now that everyone has received their Christmas Presents in my family I wanted to share with you all my fabulous beer bottle cap ornaments. I made snowflakes out of beer bottle caps! Don't you love them.

Just kidding! They were fun to make but they were also a joke, I saw beer bottle cap Christmas tree ornaments on the Internet and thought they were tacky and wanted to create my own. I hot glued them together and had a good time! I did actually give them to some people, maybe next year I'll make everyone a pretty Christmas ornament.

8 comments:

Kelly Heck said...

We got the general idea of them when we got our package, but I think the cold weather is what caused them to break apart. Susie's was the all green one, right? Is mine the one in the upper right-hand corner?

Valerie A. Heck said...

I'm not sure which ones I sent you. I told mom you don't have to fix them, they are a joke! : )

RoMama said...

We had such a blast going through our bottle caps to try this. I used hot glue and they didn't stay together, furthermore, the glue showed all over mine. Yours look soooo much better!

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

Thanks RoMama, mine did get glue cobwebs and over time have fallen apart, they stayed together for over a year but when bumped the hot glue just doesn't stay. Glad you had fun!

wdcole50 said...

These are so cool! I'm thinking of making some of these for a craft show. Have you figured out a better way to glue them so they stay?

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

there has got to be something better than hot glue to hold them together. Drilling holes and using wires would really do it but that would be a lot of work. If I think of anything good I'll post in the comments again.

Anonymous said...

Clear Silicone Caulk works well and keeps the flexible (expand, contract) that you need with metals. You can get the caulk in small tubes but I just buy the big 'gun' of caulk. Problem is getting everything to stay put while you glue. I've used it before with caps and it's lasted 10+ years.

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

Thank you!