Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What's up?

I've been busy doing many fun things. I want to post about them but for some reason I can't load an image onto the blog. Anyway I found a cool article about a group of people teaching and helping others fix things that break. Rather than always buying a replacement. It sounded cool. I always feel accomplished when I figure out how to repair something. My next projects is repairing our outdoor water faucets, they leak out of the handles when I turn them on.

I also read an article today about How to not be so critical of yourself. The best comment in that post was, "Be as Kind to Yourself as you are to a Stranger." I really liked that and I'm definitely not that nice to myself. A good strategy to work on.

Last I found this great page with pictures of 'Circus Trees'. You definitely want to check it out.

What have you been up to?

2 comments:

Sandy Eaton said...

I like being kind to yourself, it is a good idea for everyone. How are you two doing, we are going to have snow this weekend. I need spring, probably not as bad as you need it. Have a great weekend.

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

We're doing pretty well. I want it to warm up so badly! I sent mom some pictures of our backyard and it's super tore up from the deer. Looks like a mud hole so I might be spreading grass seed today! : )