Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter - Free the Kinder Eggs!

This morning I decided to have some fun and dye a dozen Easter eggs. I boiled them the night before. One cracked so that became Bentley (the parrots) treat for today.


Here are my finished eggs. One stayed white since I cracked it. I had a lot of fun with line patterns. I also made an evil blue monster face and a yellow and orange happy face.


Though on closer inspection the happy face starts to look psychotic. Maybe that's what terror alert code orange is supposed to mean. Happy & Psycho!


I just found out that Kinder Eggs (pictured above), a delicious milk chocolate/white chocolate egg with a fun toy inside, which are made in Germany are illegal in the U.S. I remember my Uncle sending these to us once as kids and they were awesome! The bigger the kinder egg the more intricate the toy inside is, and you build it and then play! Please go to this website, Free the Kinder Egg, and sign the petition to make them legal here in the U.S.

May your Easter be Extra Hoppy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since when did Kinder Eggs become illegal in the US? We used to buy them all the time here as kids. Granted they were hard to find, I think there was only one shop that ever sold them in our area, but we grew up eating those things!

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

I have never seen them in a store. Apparently customs confiscates them and sends them back to where they came from. It's ridiculous!

kittysundae said...

The have been illegal forever due to the food drug and cosmetics act of 1938 which bans non nutritive items embedded in confectionaries.

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

thanks Kitty for the info. It seems ridiculous to ban a kinder egg when most of the food in the grocery store is 'non nutritious' and pretend food that we are eating.