Friday, April 1, 2011

What a week!


Well I was out sick all week, starting to feel better. I stayed home so I wouldn't spread my germs!
Just two days ago this was happening in our yard. Can you believe it! We had snow up to our ankles!


Here is a shot of the backyard.


So last weekend I attended the Quilt & Sewing Expo at the IX Center in Cleveland Ohio. I went with my mother in law and we had a blast. I bought the silk fabric above, loving that pattern. I plan on making a skirt or two with it.


Then I bought this awesome fabric, I have no plan in mind but I was just captivated by it! You can click on it to enlarge it.


This skirt is what the silk is for. I love the skirt and pants so I'll try to make both. The name Taos caught my eye, and since this is a simple pattern (or so it says) it's a good one to start with. I bought another pattern but the image on the package will not inspire you, we watched a runway show and saw it and loved it.



My MIA picked me up from home to go to the sewing show and brought me a beautiful Valerie Mayen hat! It matched my outfit that day perfectly. Thanks so much! We had an awesome day. Hopefully soon we'll get together and take a crack at making clothes. I'll have my camera ready so I can share!

No comments: