Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Here is my version of Farmville...


This past Sunday I completed our vegetable garden. Joe and I moved those blocks you see in the picture (that surround the garden) from the backyard over several days. Then on Sunday I put up my metal posts and zip tied my anti-deer netting. Also making a door for me to get in and out. I have a tee pee to the right to grow, dragon gourd, cucumber, sugar snap peas, peanuts, zucchini and cantaloupe.

I also have green bell pepper, Thai dragon hot pepper, basil, oregano, stevia, and strawberries. (bought all these plants at the store).


My garden actually started back on March 25th in the house. I planted seeds for super sonic tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, tumbling tom tomatoes, tomatillos and dragon gourds. They've been slowly growing in the window for months and it was great to get them outside!

I was exhausted by the end of Sunday night but I felt so satisfied. I'm very proud of my garden, it's much better than last years and I hope we get some produce. Each year I know I'll learn new ways to improve my garden, and with it I'll have more delicious food!

2 comments:

Katherine Edwards said...

Being addicted to Farmville and wanting to be a future farmer myself, I really enjoyed this posting! Good luck with your Green Thumb!

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

Thanks so much Katherine, I hope you're able to have a farm soon. It's so satisify seeing your plants grow! : )