Monday, August 8, 2011

Saturday Flight... Yes I flew a plane!


This past Saturday I had my first plane flying lesson. I got to do everything but land and park. I got the plane ready for take off, I actually took off and then flew for a half hour. It was simply amazing. I got to do some awesome sharp turns and felt the g-force. It was way better than any roller coaster.

As we started to ascend we were over Lake Erie and the water and sky blended together so I couldn't see the skyline, I had to use my gauges. It was beautiful.

Everyone kept saying oh it'll be so scary in such a small plane. I honestly had more room than on a commerical flight and a much better view. It was just breathtaking and exhilarating. My adrenaline was pumping!


2 comments:

Sandy Eaton said...

Valerie, What a nice plane, I love the window, the view must of been wonderful. I always enjoyed flying in a small plane, you can see so much more. Sounds like you had a good day.

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

We'll have to talk more about flying! That's so cool that Uncle Johnny took you flying in his home made planes!