Thursday, February 16, 2012

Working on my photography some more...

I've been working on photographing my colors the way at want them. As in the background that is white, looking white. I'm so happy with this picture.
I have a Cannon PowerShot SX230 HS. I used the tungsten lighting setting, 1/100, F3.1, ISO400.
This piece of jewelry was made back in 2004 I believe, out of sterling silver. We had to form spiculum and anticlastic shapes out of one piece of metal. There are five pieces of metal, that look somewhat like a pitcher plant that I strung together with leather. This is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry, it always stops other jewelers in their tracks and I get wild comments about what they think it looks like. Some think it's a bow, others a throwing star. What do you think it looks like?

2 comments:

Amy Lyn said...

Valerie! This is a GREAT shot. Nice work!!!

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

Thank you Amy! I was so proud of myself for figuring this out but I couldn't have done it without your photography class. I love understanding my camera! It's fantastic!