Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Join me in Aerial Silks Class!


On Sunday my cousin and I went to an Aerial Silks Class in Cleveland Ohio. Aerial Silks: "involves paired lengths of fabric hung from above that are climbed,wrapped around the body, and/or tied to create dramatic drops, poses and movement above the ground." I took that from the Aerial Silks Website where you should go check out the classes.

We had so much fun! The picture above is of me trying to do a pose. I don't know all the names of the moves so I'll try to describe them as best I can.


In this photo my foot in anchored/tied to the fabric so I can move my other foot and arms and look lovely.


This was my favorite picture of the night. I just look darn good!


My last move of the night I learned how the wrap the fabric around me so that when I fall sideways on my face my hip leans forward to catch the fabric and I can let my hands go and stay suspended. My hands are on my knees, and I looked back to smile at the camera!

This was so much fun and I plan on going back to class!

4 comments:

Sandy Eaton said...

sounds like you had a good class. The pictures are really good. The birds, yours and Kelly's both sure get a lot of attention. They are beautiful birds.

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

it was fun, thanks!

Wearing Mascara said...

OMG! I wanna go! That's incredible and looks so much fun. I bet it's super hard though! We should totally go together!

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. These photos are from my first class. And it took an hour and a half but I started to get some of the moves. Everything you do is strenuous, so you take breaks and get to watch the others in the class do amazing things. I can't go back to class for another month or two, my ankle is sprained but do go. It was so much fun! I can't wait to get back into it!