Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hartville Flea Market


Yesterday morning the Ohio Jewelry & Metal Arts Guild met at the Hartville Flea Market at the early time of 8am! Our mission was to find fount objects to turn into jewelry!


I bought these two 'hologram' boxes. I loved the hologram and thought I could cut it out of the lid to use as the gemstone in a piece of jewelry.


I bought this nice ink pen for drawing, it's got cork where your fingers hold it so it's nice and soft. The pen is from the 1940's. 


I bought a tiny thermometer and a tiny compass that would be fun in a piece of jewelry. The compass might make a cool ring.


I just loved this little jewel like bicycle reflectors, can't wait to use them in a piece.


These two pairs of cutting devices caught my eye, honestly not sure what each is for but we'll find out.


I found a wee little hammer that was too cute to pass up and a couple of jewelry tools!


I love to keep a fan in my purse for those hot days and this one was entirely made out of wood, very beautiful design.


I got a millimeter gauge since I haven't been able to find a battery for my electronic one.


I bought this acrylic pieces because the trees really caught my eye, they are embedded in the middle and can cast a shadow in the right lighting. These might inspire a resin design.


My most exciting find was this stool, it's really a beautiful piece of furniture. I don't plan on making jewelry out of it.


It has 4 glass ball claw feet which I loved!

Needless to say we all had a great deal of fun looking at all the crazy items for sale. What would you make with these items?

7 comments:

Adrianne said...

I can't wait to see what you make Valerie! Please post the finished designs!

Chris said...

Excellent hunting Valerie! That stool is awesome and I can't wait to see what you make out of some of the other finds.

-Chris

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

Thanks ladies! i will be sure to post what I make when it happens!

Kelly Heck said...

OOO! A Compass Ring is an awesome idea!!! Easy access on a hike!

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

Thanks Kelly!

Anonymous said...

Hey Valerie,

I've been trying to find these hologram boxes for years, do you still have them by any chance, and if so, would you be interested in selling them or trading them with me? I used to have the blue one as a kid but it went missing many years ago and I've been trying to replace it :o)

All the best,
Chris

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

Hi Chris,
I just replied to your email, I'm happy to give you the boxes, sounds like you would really enjoy them!
Valerie