Friday, September 7, 2012

Engraving Ball


I wanted to show more of my engraving tools to help explain how they are used. This is an engraving ball. It is attached to the front of my bench with the same hookup as a bench pin, though it extends much lower to allow room for the engraving ball.


From the side you can see there is a key on the right that allows you to open and close the jaws to fit your piece of metal. The ball rests on a rubber-donut (like a small rubber wheel) and you can rotate the ball to match the angle of your arm. And turn the ball with your right hand as you engrave with your left.


Here you see how the little pegs hold the piece of metal in place.


Here is a close up of some of my cuts.


And my gravers.
Hopefully I can start posting video's soon so you can see my engraving in action!

No comments: