Friday, October 5, 2012

Our Crazy Trips


A few weeks ago Joe and I traveled to Kenya, we wanted to see the great migration of the animals. One of the first places we went was The African Fund for Endangered Wildlife Giraffe Center. Where we got to hand feed the giraffes!


We had a platform we could stand on to be at the giraffe height. I love the photo above with the giraffe's tongue sticking out!


Here is Joe feeding the giraffe from his mouth. We were told to put the giraffe kibble or leaves in our mouths and the giraffes would take the food from our mouths. How crazy is that! We had to try it!





Here I am kissing Ed.


And in this photo Ed is licking my face, his tongue felt like sandpaper! It was crazy!

2 comments:

Nana said...

So lovely giraffe, how dare you feed it from the mouth??? I though it was amazing. I guess I'll never do it, afraid.

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

It was scary feeding the giraffe by the mouth but when would I ever get the chance to do that again? It was hilarious!