Friday, April 26, 2013

Happy Anniversary Jewelry!


Today is my Mother-in-law and Father-in-laws 30th anniversary. For their anniversary my Father-in-law, Jeff, commissioned me to make a necklace out of Beth's favorite antique buttons. So above you can see some of the antique buttons along with strands of swarovski pearls. 


This is the necklace I came up with. It's five strands of pearls, swarovski crystal, 14k yellow gold and sentimental antique buttons. The strands are of varying lengths that lay nicely together. And it was made with lots of love.


I also made a pair of mismatched earrings, I thought these two buttons were really fun together. The left one glows white in the light, and the right black button has crystals that sparkle around the edge.


Here is the piece on a black background for a different perspective.


And a close up, I love the mother of pearl quality many of the buttons have. I used silk to string everything and liked having the silk string visible on the buttons. 

No comments: