Monday, April 1, 2013

Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland


Last week I attended the opening of Kate Gilmore's work at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Cleveland. The piece above was my favorite. Taking it to the basics, she fills pots with paint and climbed these steep stairs in heels and threw the pots. I wish I could have seen this preformed live. The  paint was still a little wet when we arrived to the exhibit. It reminded me of a piece I did back in high school, where I made a piece in Jackson Pollock's style, it was fun, messy and exhausting.

Thank you to my friend Michelle Pajak-Reynolds for inviting me out to this event!

The new MOCA building is a work of art itself designed by Farshid Moussavi.


In the gift shop I found the cutest little (bobble head like) creations called Hoptimist by Ehrenreich Denmark. I bought the little blue guy, he brings joy to my bench!

No comments: