Friday, August 16, 2013

Trash to Treasure!


This morning my mother-in-law suggested a facebook page for me to like, ZeroLandfill Cleveland. I liked it and found out today was a day to go pick up stuff they had saved from being thrown away. So I went. And found these awesome vinyl stair treads. Now you're probably thinking those would make ugly jewelry. But while I was there I thought ok none of the materials look like they could become jewelry but what if I pressed the textures of these treads into metal I was working with?


What fun patterns could I add to my jewelry?


Growing up we had a dump that had a shed where you could put things you thought others might like instead of throwing them right out. So have you checked your local dump to see if they have any cool  trash to treasure programs? 

Think outside of the box!

2 comments:

Libellula Jewelry said...

I'm not sure how well they would work with a rolling mill but they would be excellent with metal clay. Great find!

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

What a great idea! I didn't even think of that.