Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Furniture Before and After


We've been needing a new dresser and I found this beauty at the Habitat for Humanity Restore. I went shopping with my mother-in-law and we always have a good time there! So yes it looks ugly but it's made of real solid wood, so I spent a couple weeks sanding, patching and painting. There are glass doors over the bookshelves and I decided to leave those off, since getting them back in the track might cost of part of the paint job.


Here I am working hard installing the cabinet handles. I was very proud, I didn't drill all the way through either door, so from the inside you can't see the drawer handle screws. And they were both stuck shut so I managed to do that just by feel. 


Here is the finished dresser and bookshelf top. I love it white. It looks so good. We shifted the bookshelf to the right just so our wedding quilt isn't blocked.


I even lined all the drawers and shelves with white contact paper. I love when I finish one of these projects because this piece of furniture can last forever. It never needs to be replaced and I can always give it another coat of paint.

2 comments:

Kelly Heck said...

I'm so glad you have foresight... because that piece was UUUUUUGLY! It is so pretty now. Good job!

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

The color was ugly, and it was pretty dinged up but Beth and I both knew it would look really good! It took a lot of paint and patching but I love it! Thanks!