Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Fun Finds at the Gemboree


A couple of Sundays ago I went to the Summit Lapidary Club Gemboree where they had all kinds of gemstones, beads, slabs, rocks, fossils, jewelry and fun demonstrations. Above I bought these beautiful blue goldstone beads. Goldstone is actually a type of glittering glass and these reminded me of the night sky full of shimmering stars. I bought those from ARA Imports.


The stone above was a fun cut of Quartz with tourmaline inside. The black lines are the tourmaline which really stood out against the shine of the quartz. I'm not sure who I bought this stone from. Unfortunately almost no one was giving out their business cards, and I had to ask for them even when I bought items. The business card didn't make it in this this stone.


I loved the shape of the black onyx above, it matches the shapes of some of the jewelry I've been designing. I got this from Joseph's Designs, he had beautiful cabochons and a real good eye for cutting the stones.


Last I bought this slice of Geode, the crystals sparkled beautifully.

It was a really fun day, my friend Katie and I spent 3 hours at the Gemboree and didn't realize we'd missed lunch by a couple of hours. It was a blast! I can't wait to turn these into jewelry pieces.

No comments: